Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Journey: London, post New Year's

You can see some of the photos I took on New Year's eve with the guys. That night was...comical, I suppose? The next morning was a rough one for all, except me. I was hangover-free as usual. I already mentioned my fantastic day, but the guys' day consisted of sleep, water and soup. And a little bit of fried food for my fellow American.

We shared stories from what we remembered, and filled each other in on what happened after we got spilt up. RECAP: I was mistaken for an Irish woman multiple times, and danced on a bar (My bartender, as shown below, danced with me). Adam got me and him lost, walking around London for three hours during the early morning. Then, he tried to kiss me. That didn't go well for him, poor guy. Craig, due to his double fisting all night, got real sloppy. And real sick. And Jon was just insulted no one believed he was from Ireland. Later, we went on a walking tour of London. Finally, a beautiful day in the city! All my good photos of London are from that day. I just wish I could have found the Peter Pan statue in Kingston gardens. Months after my trip, looking back I can see just how appropriate that story for me, and these people.

The next two days, I was kind of a bitch to Adam for New Year's. Craig was always a bit off-standish towards me when sober, and remained that way until his hug goodbye. Jon was playing hot, warm and cold with me. He would be flirty, and then just be a friendly stranger, and then just a stranger all together. It was very frustrating, and I found myself falling back into old tendencies I had when men from my  past would do that. I still feel rather silly and humiliated for some of the things I said and did around him. But like all the others, we said goodbye and walked away promising to keep in contact. Then, we forgot to exchange emails/phone numbers.

I was running late to the airport, but being the skilled traveller that I am at this point, I knew Heathrow like the back of my hand. Also, as the fates would have it, my flight was delayed due to weather related issues. I didn't realize just how terrible it was out there until I was already in the air....

No comments:

Post a Comment