Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Trying Something New!

Recently, I have vowed to become more knowledgeable in the ways of cooking. Eating out all the time gets expensive, and eating pasta everyday is just plain boring. So, now I am challenging myself to make at least one new dish per week. I'll post some pictures here along with the recipe. Dylan's my taste tester, so I'll make sure to include what he says about my dishes!

This week: Morning Buns


"They taste like Snicker-doodles!" -Dylan (for Dylan, that's a very good thing!)



 I truly enjoy Starbucks' morning buns. But like I said, eating out every morning is expensive, even if it's just at a coffee shop. One morning I just fiddled around with crescents, cinnamon, and sugar. What make out of it was surprisingly like Starbucks morning buns. And they're cheap and easy to boot!

Directions: 
  1. Preheat Oven to 375, or what is said on the side of the crescents can. I prefer Pillsbury =]
  2. Unhold the triangles, and add desired amounts of cinnamon and sugar. The more the better!
  3. Roll the triangles up into the traditional crescent shape. In a small bowl to the side, roll the crescent in sugar. Then, if preferred, mold the crescent into a circular shape (like a bun). 
  4. Place in the oven for 14 minutes, or follow the time on the side of the can. 
  5. Let cool for five minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment