Monday, November 12, 2012

Hunger Challenge: Epic Fail

As previously posted, I wanted to join unofficial my campus' 2012 Hunger Challenge this past week.....poor week to do that.

As the rules stated, I had to include any meals that were fast food and/or bought for me. I had the entire weekend's food prepaid by someone else. I was an ACUI conference for work, and had plenty of Mediterranean style dishes, and was continuously "forced" to eat. (I'm sorry, but if you have a continuous buffet out, that's forcing me to eat. I'm a broke college student for heaven's sake!) I'd guess-ta-mate I spent at least three times as much as I had budgeted on food and drinks if you include everything bought for me, the groceries I used that were already bought aside from the $33, and my new groceries bought with the $33.

I would like to think I try again for this week, BUT it is the week of my  Thanksgiving Din Din with all my college friends. Like hell I would be able to stay under budget for that!!! I refuse to not enjoy that food, either. I'm so excited for it, you don't even know. It's pot luck, and after dinner we plan on playing 'How I Met Your Mother" drinking games. (Remember the "But UM" episode with Robin....yep, that's the one! :D)

Before this month is up though, I do want to accomplish this goal. It's the month of thanksgiving, and what better way to make me appreciate the "luxuries" I have, such as food, than to share experiences and sympathy with those less fortunate.



P.S. I get that not everyone agrees with this, thinking that 47% of Americans are simply "lazy" and feel "entitled" to human rights, like idk food water and shelter; BUT nevertheless, I'd greatly appreciate it if you did not try to use this experiment of my as a platform for your political rant. There's no need to for that. I don't go on your websites, bashing you for your silly statements...now do I? Please give me the respect I give you. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment