Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Adding Some Color Into My Life

Gotta get my duck face on!
So I was visitting one of my favorite websites, Pinterest, and I came across this lovely hair-do with deep red color on top, and platinum blonde on the bottom. It was gorgeous. Instantly, I wanted to see if I could do something similar with my own hair. My hair was getting a weird copper color recently with all the sun I've been soaking up, and was way too long for my short physique. So I decided it was time to color it up.





 Steps to get to this new do:

  1. Don't be afraid to look stupid. During the process, as seen in the photo to the right, and afterwards. If it looks bad, it's just hair. And there is always more dye to fix it. 
  2. Figure out how much blonde (or any other desired color) you wish to add. I played it safe, and didn't add as much. I figured I'll just return at a later date to add more if I want to. 
  3. Divided hair into sections. Bleach bottom section. 
  4. Next is to dye the top part. I just had my salon dye it a shade darker than my natural color to get a rich red. Make sure to have them set in peak-a-boo highlights, to avoid block coloring and to help the colors blend. 
  5. Wait forever. 
  6. Dry and fashion hair accordingly. Since it's a new color, try different styles to be even more adventurous. There's endless possibilities when it comes to a woman's hair. Just enjoy yourself. 

Here's the end result for myself. I will more than likely add more blonde to the bottom eventually. But all in all, not too shabby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment