Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cleanse or Bust?

Have you ever been on pinterest, or any other site, and seen this photo for Julian Micheal's detox drink? It calls for 60 oz of water, a tablespoon of cranberry juice, 1 dandelion root tea bad, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to be drank for 7 days straight. If followed, one could lose 5 (or more!) pounds in water weight. 

I tried this regiment, just to see if it worked or not. And to my surprise, it did! I lost about six pounds in the week, and even noticed a difference after day two. I did the drink mix a bit differently. I could not stand the taste of this drink. I mixed it all together in a pitcher, and then used that as my water supply for the day. But every time I took a sip, I immediately wanted something else to chase it down with. So instead of simply 'sucking it up' and just drinking it as is, I would mix the ingredients in 20 oz of water and then drink 40 more ounces of regular/pain water. Much better than the original recipe. And, like I said, I still lost a decent amount of water weight.i also experienced a difference in higher energy levels and improved skin complexion. ***Note: This is water weight, meaning it's very easy to gain back. To lose actual fatty weight, one needs to eat right and exercise on a regular basis.*****

There are a few other detox/cleanse drinks I want to try out, obviously after my body returns to "normal". But for this one, I'd say it works. Just make sure after every cleanse cycle to maintain a healthy diet, to avoid unnecessary bloating and clogging of your organs!

No comments:

Post a Comment