Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Holidays in the Good Ol' CLE


I very rarely go back home. I'm either too busy with school and my three part time jobs, or simply can't afford to due to money restrictions and what-have-you. But when I do get the chance to go, it's always the best, and this past weekend was no exception. I stayed with this kid, my brother from another mother basically, like I often do. I spent time with him, his family and his girl (Maggie), who I adore. Finally! a friend and a girl of Cameron's who I truly enjoy having around every time I see her. We visited the West Side Market, enjoyed some Melt (SO. GOOD.), had a night of drinking games, and a party with the fam. Unfortunately, I don't have many photos of this trip, since I spent the time playing with Uncle George's camera instead of my own. Therefore, he has them and not me :( 

This are the few photos I do have:














Cammy, Buddha and Me. Can you see why I love them? :P

Cameron wearing my "mozzie" glasses....he can't pull them off like I can ---->

Cleveland's West Side Market was established in 1912, and has been a city landmark for nearly a century now. One can find anything from baked goods to fresh fruit to seafood there. I normally don't buy much there; I go to people watch and dabble with my photography skills.

I also had the opportunity to see a dear friend, who's been there since middle school, Jessy, as well as own mama who I haven't seen since Thanksgiving.

Jessy just became an aunt!!! Super excited for her and her family right now. It's gonna bring such great changes to all their lives I feel. Jessy is that one friend who knows all there is to know about me and my past. If something new is effecting me because of my past, she understands it because she was there. You don't find many friends like that. It's too hard breaking in new friends to know that much about you as well; so needless to say, I am very grateful to have her around still.

My Mama's well, better than she has been in the past. I got the chance to have breakfast with her and a client of her's named Joe. Let me tell you, this little old lady is what I hope to be when I'm her age. She's still sassy and funny, and so down to earth. I adore her.

The only sad part of my weekend home was that I didn't see my friends from high school. I really miss them. I often finding myself wishing I could somehow join all of my life aspects, i.e. them, my college friends, my life in this college town, everything. It'd make everything easier. Otherwise, I feel like I'm just drifting away when I don't always wish to. That's probably the saddest thing about growing up, drifting away that is. Then again, that's also want makes these little trips home all the sweeter....

No comments:

Post a Comment